Saturday, March 22, 2008

Movie Day!

Today was a good day. I had one of the best workouts I have had this semester! I went to the gym at 6:30am and worked every single muscle in my body. Woo..It felt good. Needless to say I was wobbling like a penguin by the time I was leaving the gym hehe.

After I got back I took the longest, warmest shower. Then I ate some cereal while watching Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech. The man is a the bomb speaker! He comes across as so sincere and honest it is insane. There are very few people that I meet or hear speak that actually speak with such conviction, purpose, and passion. He was so clear in where he was going and where he had come from. His speech didn't feel written or rehearsed but genuine and at the moment. Since his speech was in fact written, his words seemed to form the perfect essay. You know, one of those essays that follow a clear, concise and moving thought. It was good. He was good. I hadn't gotten a chance to watch his speech cause of my schedule, so I took the oppurtunity to get caught up on things.

After breakfast and Barack I felt so good that I fell asleep for the next 3 hours. After my nap, I woke up, looked over some homework and convinced myself that I should cleanup my room so that I could be more productive. My room was a hot mess! I hadn't cleaned it for 2 weeks - for the 2 weeks..I was stressed and busy..so you can imagine how it looked. Well I don't think you could imagine..cause well even I surprised myself. This was the worst it had ever looked by far. hehe.

Anywho...I cleaned and listened to some Jamie fox, Boys 2 men, Chris brown, and Whitney Houston's old jams. I had a "private party" as India Ire would say. It was very nice!

After cleaning I did homework and at around 6:30 I went to the cafe and had a good dinner. My goal has been to not eat after 7 or 8 the latest so 6:30pm was perfect timing. I had broccoli, rice and meat. It was delicious. My belly felt great. It was a nice day out, and I was dressed just right for the weather. I had on the warmest turtleneck I own, thick jeans, warm boots, the warm coat my baby bought me, and his warm wool scarf. I was good. Good to go. I went back to my room to pick up some gloves and decided to take advantage of the day and go on a walk. Originally I was going to just walk to best buy - look at some ipods and then walk back. But before I left my room I thought - You know what!? I am going to see a movie. Thats right. I looked up the first couple of movies that popped up in yahoo's movie list...and I went for it. The whole time I walked with a smile on my face. I had stayed away from the movie theaters in particular since mu's been gone cause we had gone so many times together..it just didn't feel right to go by myself. But I finally took myself at 7:40pm today...and it was fantastic!!

I saw Vantage Point. It was so great. It was everything I needed in a movie tonight. It was action filled, mystery, jumpy, creative, funny. It was so good! Much better than I expected. I would harp on the creativeness the most cause it was unlike most movies. Baby..you would love it too. All I will say is that this movie is like the show we watched with taye diggs having to repeat the same day over and over again. Vantage Point is like that but better. The movie does the same moment in time over and over again but from different peoples perspectives...so the whole while you are solving the case just as the actors or movie investigators are. It was engaging! While I was there I made friends with a woman about near my mom's and dad's age, and we just talked, laughed and screamed the whole way through. It is soo great...yep..thats all I can say...good sigh

Needless to say..I walked there with a smile, and I walked out with a smile. It felt so good to see a movie and for it to be good - especially the first time seeing one for 4 months.

Good sigh..its been a good relaxing day. I could have done more hmk but I needed that movie and I think I deserved it :).

1 comment:

Tamu said...

I'm so glad you finally went to a movie. what took so log? you love movies.

oh and good job with your grades and building the foundation for (y)our future.

i love you baby

i'll hopefully have a post or two on my blog soon